Things to see and do
While you are in Banchory why not...
- Take a short walk to the Falls of Feugh where you might spot salmon leaping
- Walk along the Old Deeside Way to Milton of Crathes Art and Craft Centre where you can take a trip on the Royal Deeside Railway
- Visit Crathes Castle, it has something for everyone and makes a great day out for the family
- Walk or bike the Scolty Hill Trails
- Climb Scolty Tower for stunning 360 degree panoramic views of the surrounding countryside
- Have a round of golf or two. Banchory offers two 18 hole courses and one 9 hole course and there are another 6 courses within 30 mintues drive. Come in July and enjoy them all in teh Royal Deeside Golf Classic
- Fish the Dee or one of our local trout fisheries
- Have a family day out at Deeside Activity Park
- Visit Banchory Museum. There are varied displays and workshops thoughout the year and genealogy experts are on hand if you are coming home to trace your ancestors.
- Walk along the Dee. There's some great wildlife.
- Enjoy the local recreation grounds. Tennis, bowling, pitch and put and childrens' play areas all in central Banchory
- Visit our specialist shops in the centre of Banchory and Milton of Crathes for unique gifts and extra special personal service
- Enjoy the best of local produce in our tearooms and award winning restaurants.
Why not take the opportunity to improve your photography skills while doing any or all of these on one of our local photography courses?
And don’t forget to check out our events calendar and what’s on at local Arts Venue Woodend Barn, where a varied programme runs throughout the year.